Saturday, June 7, 2014
Introducing GraceWorks. Others have called it “The Church has left the Building!” This is Carson City churches coming together to serve the community in Christ's love and spreading the good news of God's grace. This event has been going on in several other communities across the US, involving thousands of people on a given Sunday. The First Presbyterian Church started it here in Carson City two years ago. In 2012, The Door to The Way, an Hispanic church, joined them. Over 150 people participated. Last year the First United Methodist Church and the Fountainhead Four Square Church joined the effort. This year nine churches will participate as well as a local swin team.
You can volunteer to provide labor, time, music or just a personal touch. These projects will be done in the community, on Saturday, June 7, 2014.
- Linear Park and Governors’ Field clean up and painting sheds and curbs
- Conducting music and worship service at various Assisted Living Centers
- Do Drop In, a day center for homeless with disabilities – prepare an organic garden
- Planting flowers at the Senior Center
- Yard work at various elementary school's as well as painting playground equipment
- Preparing meal bags used for disaster relief for “Stop Hunger Now”
- Helping people with home repair and other various senior assistance projects
- Food for Thought - cleaning and organizing
- Children’s Museum – general cleaning and electrical work
- Carson City Animal Services
- Small Blessings Preschool – yard work
- Painting projects at FISH and Ron Woods Family Resouce Center
- The Greenhouse Project at Carson High School – planting and mulching vegetable garden
- Advocates to End Domestic Violence - yard work and fence staining
- Fremont Elementary School – pruning, weeding flower beds and garden
- Ash Canyon and Kings Canyon Trail - able-bodies persons assisting in mountain bike and walking trail construction
- Brewery Arts Center - general cleanup and maintenance
As worshipers exit a local church sanctuary, the sign over the door says, “You are now entering the mission field.” What better way to show God’s love than by helping those in need right here at home!
Registration opens for the various projects on April 13th. To register and select a work project, please visit the GraceWorks registration page at Eventbrite begining April 13th. You will also have the option to purchase a GraceWorks T-shirt bearing the new 2014 logo and select a lunch and/or dinner. If you are unable to register online, contact Troy Stansbury on his cell phone at 925-918-3676. Please leave a message and Troy will return your call. You may also contact the church office at 775-882-1032 for assistance.
Click here to visit our GraceWorks 2013 archive page.